Matura Farrington Staffing Services has been a staffing leader in the Los Angeles corporate and business services industries for over 19 years, providing direct hire and temporary staffing support.
Matura Farrington Staffing Services has a customized database developed in-house. Our system currently contains extensive information on 40,000+ candidates with work experience in the business services and legal industries. Each candidate has a personalized screen containing information relating to their specializations such as occupation, technical skill set, education, list of past and current employers, and most important a detailed summary of the candidate’s needs and goals what we call the wish list.
We consider this database to be the core of our business. It has allowed us to be extremely responsive to our clients’ demands and has allowed us to match candidates with clients at a speed and accuracy unmatched in our industry.
General: Matura Farrington Staffing Services conducts extensive screening and testing practices with our temporary and direct-hire candidates. Screening and testing enables us to better serve our clients by providing a detailed profile of each of our candidates along with quantitative measures of their skills. By verifying and evaluating an individual, we are able to provide our clients with the most qualified professionals.
Pre-Screening: Candidates that learn about us through our various recruiting sources are pre-screened first by one of our recruiters over the phone. This mini interview is conducted to determine if they possess the required skills and experience necessary to meet the needs of our clients. If so, an appointment is scheduled with the candidate in our office.
In-office Interview: A personal interview is conducted with the candidate by an experienced recruiter. The individual’s work history, education, and skill set are considered and evaluated. We also take into consideration the candidate’s general presentation and demeanor. Additionally, we create a wish list which includes the candidate’s short and long-term goals, preferences and needs (competency and compatibility).
Employment Law Compliance: Candidates who wish to work as temporary employees through our Company complete an orientation and a full spectrum of employment forms and procedures that are essential policies required by both State and Federal employment laws:
- Arbitration Agreement
- Confidentiality Agreement (to assist in the protection of sensitive material encounter while on assignments)
- Company Handbook
- Rest & Meal Period Compliance
- Reference Release Agreement
- Harassment Training including video participation
- Safety Policy Compliance
- Mandated State and Federal Pamphlet
We are an authorized user of the Prove It! software testing system. Considered one of the most comprehensive programs on the market, Prove It! allows us to accurately assess the competency and skill set of each candidate at the basic, intermediate, and advanced levels.
General Administrative and Clerical Testing:
- Proofreading & Editing
- Data Entry
- Litigation Procedures/Court Rules for legal secretaries
General Software Applications Testing:
- Microsoft Office 2000-2003 and XP: PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Access, Internet Explorer
- Almost any software application used in the market place today!
Information Technology Testing:
We provide a complete and comprehensive testing program for our Information Technology candidates. Our candidates can be tested on almost any application or program in the areas of:
- Database design and administration
- Engineering applications
- Financial & human resources applications
- Internet development and design
- Network and systems administration
- Programming languages and application
- Help desk and advanced technical support (including hardware)
Benefits for Temporary Employees
Matura Farrington is proud to offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package to our team of outstanding temporary employees:
- Health Insurance – our plan, provided by Essential StaffCARE, includes: medical, accidental death (term life), dental, vision, and prescription drugs.
- Parking we reimburse for daily parking expenses up to $6.00 per day.
- Retention Bonus our temporary employees are eligible for retention bonus of 40 hours pay upon the completion of 1,500 hours of assignment employment within a 52-week period.
- Profit Sharing our temporary employees who work more than 1000 hours per year may be eligible for our plan.
- Holiday Pay We pay holiday pay for 6 major holidays. Employees are eligible when:1,200 assignment hours are accrued within the preceding 52 week period
- Referral Bonus – We offer a $50.00 referral bonus for any candidates referred after the referral has completed 80 hours of temporary work through Matura Farrington Staffing Services.
Training of Temporary Candidates
Skill Set Development – Matura Farrington Staffing Services advocates the continuous development of skills. We encourage our temps to utilize our software tutorials as a means of increasing your marketability to our clients. Tutorials are available for most software applications.
Background Check Requests
We perform background checks at a client’s request. A customized screening program to meet a client needs will be developed with our human resources department. We currently use Asurint andADP Screening & Selection Services as our sources for comprehensive background investigations.
Projects & High Volume Accounts
Large, team projects are a standard service at Matura Farrington Staffing Services. We will dedicate a staff member to the account and projects. We will consult with a client on strategic staffing options. A defined plan will be designed with the client and put into action. It will be closely monitored throughout the project and modified as required by changes in the project’s objectives. Feedback and evaluations from a client during and after the completion of the project is critical to the overall success of our services.
We can provide invoices to clients via email. At this time, we are not able to provide timecard submission via email.
Matura Farrington Staffing Services utilizes an extensive management reporting system that can customize reports for its customers. We can provide detailed data reports regarding temporary usage and costs. These reports can categorize usage based on the name or number associated with a manager, department, case, client, and/or a purchase order. Many of our clients rely on these reports for budget planning and forecasting, and for year-end reconciliation.
A client may hire one of our temporary candidates/employees at anytime after the commencement of a temporary assignment. A direct hire placement fee will be charged at the fee percentage established in the fee agreement; however, the gross profit margin earned by MFSS over the course of the temporary assignment will be subtracted from the full placement fee.
Payroll-Flex Services for Client Referred Candidates
Payrolling is when the customer, not the staffing firm, recruits the worker but asks a staffing firm to hire the candidate and assign him or her to their organization to perform work. Payroll-Flex is a service that MFSS can provide at a discounted rate.