Matura Farrington is seeking candidates for a well-established professional services firm located in Los Angeles to fill their Accounts Payable Clerk opening. The Accounts Payable Clerk (A/P) is responsible for handling the daily flow of invoices, from receipt through payment and filing. Additional responsibilities include communicating with vendors to resolve payable related issues, verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements. Successful candidates will have a minimum of one year of full-cycle accounts payable experience preferably within a law firm.
- Preparation and posting of a high volume of vouchers daily. Including the review and audit of vendor invoices, ensures correct approval, sorting, coding and matching of invoices
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Scheduling and preparation of vendor payments via checks and wires
- Perform Reconciliations on credit card transactions to reflect general ledger
- Assist with 1099 filings and reporting
- Handle expense reports through Concur software
- Assist with annual audits pertaining vendor set-up in JD Edwards Accounting software
- Regularly maintains telephone, e-mail and personal contact with staff and vendors on all accounts payable matters.
- Assist with Accounts Receivables when needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or finance preferred but not required
- Experience of at least 2 year in Accounts Payables
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Experience with Nexus, Concur, JD Edwards, or other similar programs
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
Represents basic qualifications for this Accounts Payable Clerk position. To be considered for this position you must meet the basic qualifications.
Please send resume and salary history in a word document to Janet@matfar.com
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer
Job Order # 31625
Keywords: accounting, accounting Clerk, accounting Coordinator, accounting specialist, accounting intern, payable Clerk, finance assistant.