Matura Farrington is currently in search of an experienced business development/sales professional to join the growing team of a local professional services firm as the Business Development Director. Ideal candidates will have substantial experience in a business development or sales leadership role selling to midmarket and large enterprise clients across the US. Preferred candidates will have experience directly managing in-house sales reps with experience in all facets of management including: hiring, training, mentoring and disciplining staff. The Business Development Director will also be responsible for driving continued growth of the company by leveraging his or her years of direct sales experience to develop key clients, close large complex deals and pursue continued growth in the marketplace.
If you are interested in making a move into a key leadership role with an ambitious and growing organization please apply today for immediate consideration.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Build, train, and develop sales team, and provide consistent feedback and evaluations.
- Develop and manage a strategic business plan to increase acquisition and revenue.
- Perform detailed evaluations of firm business including customer needs in order to identify new business opportunities.
- Develop relationships with client contacts at senior levels of prospect organizations.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with professional staff, business partners, attorneys, brokers, and HR professionals with client relationships.
- Manage proposals/RFP process for clients.
- Manage business generation reports, market and client status reports, and competitive activity reports.
- Manage trade show participation, conferences, and other business development activities.
Education and/or Experience:
- *8+ years of experience in business development, with a minimum of 4+ year’s managerial experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required; technical or business discipline desired. Advanced degree a plus.
- *Extensive experience managing strategic sales relationships with mid-size to large enterprise clients. Existing network of relationships at the senior levels of organizations (VP’s to CXO’s), from mid-size to large, enterprise clients.
- Demonstrated track record with the development, implementation and successful execution of marketing plans for new and existing products/services.
- Exceptional at networking, securing referrals, and initiating and building relationships.
- Excellent communication, presentation, organizational and project management skills with stakeholders at all levels.
*Represents basic qualifications for this Accounts Payable/ Accounting Clerk position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
This Business Development Director opportunity offers competitive compensation package, accompanied with full benefits for their established firm.
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer
Please send current Word format of resume to
Job Order # 27555