Silicon Valley, technology based, top-tier law firm with a unique culture is looking for a talented Business Development Manager who will be supporting the attorneys and practice chairs for several key practice and industry groups. He or she will also work closely with other members of the Business Development team and other Marketing Department functions to achieve practice-wide business development goals. Managers are on the front line of delivering business development services to our attorneys and practices, and are expected to roll up their sleeves to execute daily requests and achieve business development goals quickly and efficiently.
Responsibilities for Business Development Manager:
- Manage and prioritize workflow.
- Serve as primary point of contact for practice group chairs and their designated leadership team (including subgroup chairs) for all business development- related activities.
- Advise multiple practice groups on strategic opportunities for cross-selling and collaboration, including conducting targeted research to inform pitches, proposals and event opportunities.
- Develop and provide practice group and firm-level strategic business development planning, consultation and execution including the identification and development of subgroup opportunities.
- Lead firm-wide RFP responses that involve significant practice group participation, complex pricing, and multiple relationship partners.
- Coach attorneys on presentation preparation and schedule “dry runs” to support and develop their presentation skills.
- Manage the overall RFP process including budgets and pricing.
- Take primary responsibility for high-profile RFPs.
- Coach and manage the business development team on responding to other pitch and proposal opportunities.
- Manage the development and management of all practice-specific sales materials, including practice and industry group website summaries.
- Organize internal business analysis, market research and competitive intelligence to identify promising opportunities for short-term and longer-term growth.
- Coach partners with developing their individual business development goals and suggest methods for monitoring progress of their business development efforts.
- Provide leadership to the team and set the example for Business Development Analysts, Assistants and Coordinators.
Qualifications for Business Development Manager:
- *8+ years of professional services business development preferred.
- *Strong RFP experience.
- *Bachelor’s degree is required (emphasis in Marketing, Business Administration or similar field preferred.
- *MBA, JD, or other relevant advanced degree preferred.
- *Experience in negotiating contracts is required, and a proven track record of working directly with senior partners and executives on business development planning, execution and reporting.
- *Advanced proficiency with Excel and other MS Office Products (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and CRM technology is required
- Advanced understanding of technology industries (software, mobile, life sciences, cleantech, etc.) and the legal services of all practice groups assigned.
- Law firm experience is a plus.
- Strong understanding of all other practice groups within the firm.
Firm offers a dynamic culture, benefits and a competitive salary, based on experience.
*Represents basic qualifications for this position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer
Please send resume to Sharon@matfar.com
Job Order # 30146