Large, international law firm is looking for a qualified Business Development/Marketing Manager for their Irvine, CA office. The position reports to the Chief Marketing Officer and is responsible for developing an increased profile for the Orange County office and its attorneys.
Responsibilities for Business Development/Marketing Manager:
- Work with Irvine/Orange County area attorneys and global marketing staff to identify business/client development opportunities, client educational programs, seminar and speaking opportunities, and community involvement, public relations and sponsorship opportunities in the local and regional legal/business communities.
- Assist with the development, execution and administration of office and practice group marketing programs and projects.
- Prepare marketing materials for current and prospective clients, including office and practice group descriptions, proposals, RFP responses, PowerPoint presentations..
- Conduct and coordinate research on identified new business targets, and assist in developing tailored strategies, approaches and materials for effective business development efforts.
- Coordinate and implement business development training for associates for the Irvine/Orange County office.
- Assist with the identification, planning and execution of cross-marketing opportunities with existing firm clients.
- Identify opportunities to increase individual attorney and the Irvine/Orange County office visibility.
- Develop and monitor local marketing budget, which includes, but is not limited to maintaining budget files, acting as liaison with Accounts Payable and verifying expenses and invoices.
- Plan, provide direction and support for events, conference sponsorships, regional client entertainment and receptions, including invitation list development and invitation mailing, tracking RSVPs, organizing registration, preparing name tags, greeting attendees upon arrival, being accessible to address guests’ needs, preparing materials, reserving necessary equipment and facilities.
- Research regional market and national industry trends in order to identify client development opportunities and coordinate development of marketing literature and client presentations.
- Research regional marketing efforts of local competitors to identify possible opportunities for increasing area profile of the offices and attorneys.
- Gather information from and collaborate with attorneys regarding membership opportunities in local and regional business and/or trade organizations and community and charitable boards, maintain an attorney board affiliations database, and evaluate succession opportunities.
- Provide support in connection with charitable contributions, dinners, and other events.
- Represent and coordinate on behalf of Irvine/Orange County office in connection with global and practice group marketing efforts.
Qualifications for Business Development/Marketing Manager:
- *Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint are important, and knowledge of InterAction is a plus.
- *Bachelor’s degree required.
- Marketing experience in a professional services or law firm environment desired but not required.
*Represents basic qualifications for Marketing Coordinator position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer.