Matura Farrington Staffing Inc. is seeking a Commercial Litigation Legal Secretary for a well-established, mid-size law firm in San Francisco. The Commercial Litigation Legal Secretary will provide legal assistance to one Partner. The ideal candidate will have seven or more years of experience, be a team player, have a proactive work ethic, excellent oral and written communication skills, will be proficient in proof-reading and data entry, detail oriented and the ability to work well under pressure. Strong organization and computer skills especially experience with MS Office are also essential.
- Draft, edit and finalize all correspondence and legal documents (with TOCs and TOAs)
- Assist with discovery and discovery responses
- Maintain organized physical and electronic files and correspondence
- Direct responsibility for e-filings and service in state and federal courts
- Assist with preparation for hearings and occasional trials
- Docketing state and federal case deadlines
- Coordinating conference calls, meetings, mediations and depositions
- Manage confidential firm documents and information with discretion
- College degree required.
- 7+years of recent legal secretarial experience in the commercial litigation area.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word and formatting documents with a minimum typing speed of 55+ words per minute required.
- Adobe, PowerPoint and Excel experience are also strongly preferred.
- A proactive work ethic.
*Represents basic qualifications for this position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Matura Farrington is an EEOC Employer
Send resumes to Lori@matfar.com