Regional law firm is looking for an experienced Litigation Legal Assistant / Secretary to join their growing West Los Angeles office. The firm has a strong reputation and presence in Southern California and as such, they are looking for an exceptional candidate. The ideal candidate will have defense litigation experience, be experienced with filing in state and federal courts, various legal administrative duties, preferably in a small to mid-sized law firm environment. If you are an experienced Legal Assistant / Secretary who is well versed in litigation, and looking to join a stable, respected firm that is growing, please submit your resume for professional consideration.
• Editing and finalizing litigation documents
• Preparing Table of Contents / Table of Authorities
• Filing with State and Federal courts (including e-filing)
• Strong technical skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook, document management software, etc.)
• General administrative duties, such as answering phones, expense reports, timekeeping, and managing the attorney’s schedules
*Must be an experienced Litigation Legal Secretary / Assistant well versed in the litigation process, 5+ years of experience
*Must have a stable background
*Must have a thorough knowledge of state and Federal court filing requirements, including experience with e-filing
*Must have strong knowledge of calendaring (i.e. court rules, dates, procedures)
*Organization and ability to work with databases/spreadsheets (i.e. Excel) a must.
Strong software skills and knowledge
*Represents basic qualifications for this Litigation Legal Secretary / Assistant position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Please submit Word document formatted resume to email@example.com in reference to JO# 30278.
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer