Matura Farrington is seeking a Payroll Administrator to handle all aspects of payroll for a well-established law firm in West Los Angeles . The Payroll Administrator will be responsible for the preparation and processing of biweekly payroll for about 200 employees. Successful candidate will have in depth knowledge of payroll and will be able to handle all aspects of payroll processing, reporting, reconciliation for employees.
– Process biweekly payroll and maintain payroll information, track and deduct special payroll deductions.
-Manage and track time and attendance and personnel transactions (i.e. new hire, termination, leave of absence, benefits deductions, garnishments, direct deposit, W-2s, state withholding certificates, etc.) into payroll system.
-Responsible for the coordination efforts between multiple departments- payroll, human resources, accounting and other departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data.
– Handle all transactions pertaining to flexible spending, 401(k), etc.
-Oversee state and federal taxes, including quarter and year-end reconciliations.
– Review and audit hours from timekeeping system.
– Processing and distribution of final payouts, emergency checks, bonuses etc.
– Prepare a variety of payroll and benefit reports on a regular basis.
– Responsible for analysis and resolution of complex payroll issues.
– Ad hoc payroll related reporting requests and answer employee payroll questions
– *BA/BS degree required
– *Must be able to handle all aspects of payroll with a high degree of autonomy
– *Minimum 4 + years solid payroll experience in a law firm or similar professional services industry
– Multi-state payroll operation
-Strong working knowledge in Microsoft Office programs
– Experience with Ceridian is a plus
– CPP preferred
*Represents basic qualifications for this position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer
Please send resume and salary history to email@example.com
Job Order # 29443