Well established law firm is seeking a highly motivated Accounting Manager. This position will report to the CFO and ensure that work within the Accounting department is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. Duties include responsibility for General Ledger, payroll and other accounting transactions, in addition to the oversight of accounting personnel and completion of all accounting deadlines.
- Work with CFO to improve and prepare monthly management package and financialstatement drafts
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and propose corrective entries.
- Review of the cash application and accounts payable processes to streamline and improve handling.
- Post month-end journal entries and analyze and reconcile GL accounts monthly; Issue monthly draft of Trial Balance and Financial Statements.
- Process payroll and post payroll journal entries, including monthly update of benefits and related deductions.
- Coach, train and manage performance of accounting team members; Administer performance evaluations and review compensation
- Preparation of year-end schedules and work with outside financial and retirement plan audit groups as needed.
- Progressive accounting/financial experience in a law firm environment, including a minimum of two years’ management of accounting personnel and oversight of accounting functions
- Knowledge of Aderant (CMS) and ADP Workforce Now preferred.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, & Power Point; Ability to train accounting personnel in skill enhancement in this area.
- Project management and software implementation experience required; Ability to lead a project team and to work on project teams led by others.
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.
Interested Candidates should send resumes to Adrienne@matfar.com.
Job Order # 33702