Matura Farrington Staffing Services has been a staffing leader in the Los Angeles corporate and business services industries for over 20 years, providing direct hire and temporary staffing support.
Matura Farrington Staffing Services has a customized database developed in-house. Our system currently contains extensive information on 40,000+ candidates with work experience in the business services and legal industries. Each candidate has a personalized screen containing information relating to their specializations such as occupation, technical skill set, education, list of past and current employers, and most important a detailed summary of the candidate’s needs and goals what we call the wish list.
We consider this database to be the core of our business. It has allowed us to be extremely responsive to our clients’ demands and has allowed us to match candidates with clients at a speed and accuracy unmatched in our industry.
General: Matura Farrington Staffing Services conducts screening and testing practices with our temporary and direct-hire candidates. Screening and testing enables us to better serve our clients by providing a detailed profile of each of our candidates along with quantitative measures of their skills. By verifying and evaluating an individual, we are able to provide our clients with the most qualified professionals.
Screening: Candidates that learn about us through our various recruiting sources are screened by one of our recruiters to determine if they possess the required skills and experience necessary to meet the needs of our clients. The individual’s work history, education, and skill set are considered and evaluated. Additionally, we create a “wish list” which includes the candidate’s short and long-term goals, preferences and needs (competency and compatibility).
Employment Law Compliance: Candidates who wish to work as temporary employees through our Company complete an orientation and a full spectrum of employment forms and procedures that include essential policies required by both State and Federal employment laws:
- Arbitration Agreement
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Company Handbook
- Rest & Meal Period Compliance
- Harassment Training including video participation
- Safety Policy Compliance
- Mandated city, state and Federal employment notices
We are an authorized user of the Kenexa (Prove It) software testing system. Considered one of the most comprehensive programs on the market, Kenexa (Prove It) allows us to accurately assess the competency and skill set of each candidate at the basic, intermediate, and advanced levels.
Benefits for Temporary Employees
Matura Farrington is proud to offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package to our team of outstanding temporary employees:
- Health Insurance – We offer a health insurance plan that meets the Affordable Care Act’s requirements of minimum essential coverage.
- Parking – we reimburse for daily parking expenses up to $6.00 per day.
- Retention Bonus – our temporary employees are eligible for retention bonus equal to 40 hours of pay upon the completion of 1,500 hours of assignment employment within a 52-week period.
- Profit Sharing – our temporary employees who work more than 1000 hours per year may be eligible for our plan.
- Holiday Pay – We pay holiday pay for 6 major holidays. Employees are eligible when: 1,200 assignment hours are accrued within the preceding 52 week period.
- Referral Bonus – We offer a $50.00 referral bonus for any candidates referred after the referral has completed 80 hours of temporary work through Matura Farrington Staffing Services.
Training of Temporary Candidates
- Skill Set Development – Matura Farrington Staffing Services advocates the continuous development of skills. We encourage our temps to utilize our software tutorials as a means of increasing their marketability to our clients. Tutorials are available for most software applications.
Background Check Requests
- We perform background checks on our temporary employees at a client’s request. A customized screening program to meet a client needs will be developed with our human resources department.
- We currently use Asurint as our source for comprehensive background investigations. Asurint has been selected for their adherence and commitment to compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
- Project teams are a standard service at Matura Farrington Staffing Services. Whether you need 1 or 100 trained professionals, we will dedicate a staff member to the account or project.
- We will consult with our client on strategic staffing options.
- A defined plan will be designed with the client and put into action.
- Feedback and evaluations form a client during and after the completion of the project is critical to the overall success of our services. Therefore, both the plan and feedback will be closely monitored throughout the project and modified, as required, by any changes in the project’s objectives.
- We can provide invoices to clients vial email
- At this time, we are not able to provide timecard submission via email.
Projects & High Volume Accounts
Law firms, in-house legal departments, and corporations meet many challenges when clients or corporations themselves are faced with major events for any organization such as; major litigation, mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and other types of business transactions, and technology rollouts & conversions. Their ultimate success, both financially and operationally, depends heavily on the staff that is assigned to the daily tasks and responsibilities that affect deadlines, product quality, and reputations.
Whether a client needs 2 or 100 trained professionals we will provide project administration as follows:
- Dedicate a staff member to the account and project.
- Consult with our client on strategic staffing options and implement.
- Monitor feedback and evaluations from a client during and after the completion of a project to ensure the overall success of our services. The plan and feedback will be closely monitored throughout the project and modified, as required, by any changes in the project’s objectives.
- Manage all temporary employees regarding timecards, scheduling, employment issues, replacements, and general human resources functions.
- Provide customized billing and reports designed for a client’s specific needs.
- Matura Farrington Staffing Services utilizes an extensive management reporting system that can customize reports for its customers. We can provide detailed data reports regarding temporary usage and costs. These reports can categorize usage based on the name or number associated with a manager, department, case, client, and/or a purchase order. Many of our clients rely on these reports for budget planning and forecasting, and for year-end reconciliation.
“Payroll-Flex” Services for Client Referred Candidates
- “Payrolling” is when the customer, not the staffing firm, recruits the worker but asks a staffing firm to hire the candidate and assign him or her to their organization to perform work.
- Payroll-Flex is a service that we can provide at a discounted rate to our standard staffing services.