Established firm is seeking an Accounting Manager responsible for the law office’s financial management function. Assists the Executive Director in preparation of financial analyses, budgets and reports. Performs a variety of administrative, accounting and bookkeeping duties in order to maintain accurate financial and billing records and reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manages all general accounting functions, including chart of accounts and general ledger, procedural aspects of the billing process, cash receipts and accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, petty cash, bank reconciliation and client trust funds.
- Responsible for monitoring cash flow and performing cash management.
- Responsible for operation and maintenance of computerized accounting system, Omega.
- Assists in the preparation of annual budget, distributes monthly financial statements with written analysis
- Responsible for payroll processing and withholding using ADP and coordinates employee payroll matters with the Human Resources Manager.
- Insures the maintenance of accounting retention files in accordance with the firm and department retention policies.
- Responsible for year-end tax planning and provides management financial data as needed.
- Responsible for the timely submittal of all local, state and federal tax reports.
- Reconciles all firm bank account statements on a monthly basis and maintains books on each.
- Prepares monthly financial and management reports.
- Supervises and assists accounts payable/receivable and billing clerks in daily operation and maintenance of billing system.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of accounting and financial management principles and understands GAAP and IFRS Standards.
- Approximately 5 years of progressively responsible related work in a mid-size law firm
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or equivalent.
- Proficient in Omega/Aderant or equivalent financial software with hands on experience with Accounts Payable and Billings as well as General Ledger.
- Approximately 5 years of experience using ADP (or equivalent) payroll reporting and balancing procedures.
- Ensures compliance with all Federal, State and local tax requirements, regulations and laws.Benefits include medical, dental, long term disability, life, 401K, flexible spending, vacation and sick time, plus optional short term disability and vision.
Please submit resume to Adrienne@matfar.com
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.