Well established professional services firm has an outstanding opportunity in their firm-wide accounting department for an Accounts Payable Manager. The position is responsible for the data integrity and management of all accounts payable processes including invoice and check runs, account reconciliations, financial analysis, vendor analysis and reporting.
- Directly responsible for leading supervisors and indirectly responsible for all employees within the department.
- Develop and maintain applicable policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems. Maintain plans and strategy for maintenance, continuity, and functionality of the firm’s accounts payable systems.
- Maintain accuracy and timeliness in high volume and complex accounts payable environment with a deep understanding of law firm accounting across the department. Focus on continuous improvement in accounts payable volume and accuracy.
- Conduct all related periodic and year-end closings and the preparation of consolidated reports. Prepare and maintain related work papers and documentation. Prepare and post journal entries and perform account analysis.
- Responsible for department processes including vendor payments, expense reimbursements, processing of EDI files, check run processing, and vendor account reconciliation.
- Provide firm-wide support to all administrative staff and attorneys regarding vendor invoice issues and payments. Communicate with claims adjusters and other clients regarding payment status of vendor invoices.
- Administer purchasing, credit and travel card programs and generate 1099s
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field required, along with a strong accounting background.
- 10+ years of progressive directly related work experience.
- Large complex Law firm experience strongly preferred
- Management / supervisory experience required, including a large number of personnel with
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org