Prestigious International firm is seeking an Attorney Recruiting & Development Manager for its’ Los Angeles office. The Attorney Recruiting & Development Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the firm’s attorney recruiting and development functions in the California region (Los Angeles, Irvine, and San Francisco) including lateral attorney and Summer Associate hiring.
• Oversee fall on-campus interviewing program and recruitment for Summer Associate, Strauss Diversity Scholar and Pro Bono Scholar positions.
• Plan, organize and administer the Los Angeles Summer Associate program.
• Participate in office Hiring Committee meetings and hiring recommendations.
• Establish, maintain and build relationships with top-tier law schools. Manage sponsorships and outreach for the California law schools.
• Serve as the local contact for the firm’s lateral partner hiring program. Keep the firmwide team apprised of any partner hiring efforts in the California offices.
• Participate in Diversity & Inclusion Council, and Women’s Firm Resource Group meetings and assist with programming, projects and initiatives related to attorney recruiting and development.
• Coordinate attorney arrivals/departures with the Human Resources department including exit interviews for California attorneys.
• Manage local participation in firmwide surveys include Vault and the American Lawyer’s Mid-Level Associate and Summer Associate surveys.
• Provide guidance regarding state bar dues, bar admissions and continuing education requirements for California attorneys.
• Travel periodically to the San Francisco and Irvine offices to develop and maintain relationships with attorneys in those offices.
• Develop and maintain departmental budget in consultation with Office Hiring Partner, the Director of Attorney Recruiting and the Director of Attorney Development.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum of seven years’ experience in legal recruiting in a law firm required, with at least three years in a managerial role desired
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Outlook and Excel.
• Experience in working with attorney recruiting databases required.
• Ability to use critique of work to improve performance
Please submit your resume to email@example.com
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.