Top international law firm is seeking a Benefits Analyst to join their Los Angeles office. This position will be responsible for health and welfare benefit plan administration, and provide support and counseling on group insurance and benefits policies. This is an important role in the development and growth of the firm’s benefit plan strategies and design. If you are looking for a new opportunity with a company that truly takes care of their employees where most stay long-term and has room for growth, please submit your resume for professional consideration!
- Assist in developing a cohesive international benefits platform.
- Research best practices, performing benchmarking analysis and comparisons, and evaluating emerging market trends.
- Act as a benefits consultant in identifying opportunities to streamline, redesign and implement process flow enhancements leading to reduced risk.
- Develop benefits communication materials and trainings for new and ongoing programs. Design and launch benefit campaigns.
- Coordinate with Benefits Team to draft benefit policies and policy communications.
- Partner with Finance Analysts to manage benefits GL allocations and conduct monthly budget reconciliations.
- Manage and expand the use of all vendor relationships for increased client service of the health and welfare benefits. Including claims resolution, reconciliation of monthly billing statements, including troubleshooting and problem solving of data.
- Manage required reporting including 6056/6055, W-2, etc.
- Partner with Director of Benefits & Compensation to manage RFP and contract approval process for specific projects.
- Delegate to and oversee projects of Junior Benefits Team members.
- Project based and ongoing responsibility for the ACA, SFHCSO, HSA, Sections 125 and 132, Medicare eligibility, retiree health plans and other programs.
- Partner with brokers and vendors to compile, analyze and maintain data to support and measure plan strategies and cost effectiveness and to recommend renewals and/or plan design changes.
- Coordinate with other members of the Benefits Department to administer all health and welfare benefit plans.
- Partner with team members, brokers and vendors to provide a high level of benefits customer service.
- Participate in internal and external benefit plan audits and compliance reviews.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred, preferably in a related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in benefit plan design and implementation/administration of employee benefits in a professional environment.
- CEBS, CBP, or other equally relevant designation is a plus.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and specifically tax laws and implications with respect to benefit plans.
- Ability to define and solve problems by using judgment and critical thinking, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Advanced MS Office skills are required.
Salary: Dependent on experience, very competitive
Firm also offers full comprehensive benefits including PTO, health insurance, bonus structure, 401k, etc.
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.
JO # 36012
Email your resume to email@example.com