Established regional law firm is seeking a Benefits & Payroll Coordinator to join their Los Angeles headquarters office. Under the direction of the Human Resources Manager, the Payroll and Benefits Coordinator is responsible for day-to-day HR operations in the area of payroll, benefits and leave administration. If you are looking for a new opportunity with a company that truly takes care of their employees where most stay long-term, please submit your resume for prompt consideration!
- Process semi-monthly payroll for all staff, working with managers and employees to ensure time card accuracy.
- Audit, gather and maintain data in firm HRIS system.
- Manage processing of payments for benefit providers/vendors, invoices and reconciliation.
- Prepare payroll reports as needed; research, analyze, and resolve payroll discrepancies.
- Oversee the onboarding process for new hires by creating employee profiles, administering employee benefits and conducting orientations.
- Create and manage all employee files and records in Human Resources Information Systems(HRIS) and hard-copy filing system.
- Enter and/or verify changes to personnel information.
- Respond to employee inquiries and requests.
- Create and maintain employee resources information on the HR department intranet.
- Track and manage requests for leaves of absence in compliance with applicable Firm procedures, laws (Federal/State), and regulations.
- Manage sick and vacation leave records and incorporate into payroll processing.
- Respond to employment verification requests and claims for unemployment insurance and worker’s compensation; prepare necessary forms in compliance with laws (Federal/State) and regulations.
Requirements and Qualifications:
*At least 1-3+ years of hands on Payroll and/or Benefits administration experience.
- Good working knowledge and competency working with integrated data systems and Microsoft Office Suite; Document Managing System experience is a plus.
- Proficiency with Excel (required).
- AA or BS Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Human Resources (preferred).
- Knowledge of local and federal payroll laws and required reporting.
- A high degree of accuracy, strong attention to detail, good judgment, excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, and complete confidentiality in all matters.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively present information to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to thrive in a changing environment with shifting roles, deadlines and priorities.
- Excellent customer service skills working with internal and external customers, with appropriate tact, confidentiality and commitment to the highest ethical standards.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience working in a law firm is preferred but not required.
*Represents basic qualifications for this Litigation Legal Secretary/Assistant position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Salary: Dependent on experience, very competitive
Firm also offers full comprehensive benefits including PTO, health insurance, bonus structure, 401k, etc.
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.
JO # 35816