Mid-sized and growing law firm seeks a Billing and Collections Director for its East Bay Office. This position is responsible for all aspects of the firm’s billing and collections activities, as well as supervising department staff.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
• Direct and manage the firm’s billing and collections function
• Monitor daily activities of the billing department to ensure accuracy, timeliness and productivity
• Supervise, train and develop department/functional staff
• Communicate with e-billing vendors regarding invoice file errors, investigate and resolve rejected invoices
• Analyze deductions and work with staff and attorneys to process appeals
• Effectively communicate with Shareholders to discuss billing, outstanding account receivables and unbilled balances
• Analyze and resolve billing issues for clients and attorneys
• Manage the Annual Legal Service Agreement and audit letter process
• Responsible for the onboarding process for new hires with respect to time and billing
• Ensure that all activity is compliant with both internal and external policies, client agreed protocols and company standards/guidelines
• Prepare financial analysis reports detailing productivity, profitability, budgeting and trending
• Monitor billing rates and compare with competitors and industry to establish benchmarks and provide annual rate recommendations to Shareholders and COO based on research and analysis
• Other duties as assigned
• Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related subject.
• Minimum of five year of supervisory experience
Please email resume to: Adrienne@matfar.com
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.