Premier mid- size firm seeks billing and collections professional who reports directly to the Firm’s Billing and Collections Supervisor for its’ San Francisco office. This is a position with firm wide responsibility. The Billing and Collection Specialist is responsible for the completion of all facets of the billing and collection function. The position requires the preparation of client invoices, as well as monitoring and follow-up after they are sent. This position will also perform a variety of other accounting duties according to established policies and procedures. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• The Billing and Collection Specialist is responsible for the completion of all facets of the billing and collection function.
• Perform client billing and collection activities for assigned clients in a timely manner and post bills in the accounting system
• Review and edit pre-bills in response to attorney and secretary requests, including but not limited to write-offs in accordance with firm policies and procedures.
• Prepare and submit/upload electronic invoices to clients via multiple e-billing platforms
• Identify billing discrepancies and refer to accounting management and/or billing attorneys as necessary, monitor payment of assigned clients’ accounts receivable and coordinate collection efforts; proactively follow-up on outstanding invoices
• Act as back-up to other office biller or other departmental processes including but not limited to posting of client check payments
• Prepare and distribute daily/weekly/monthly billing or any other ad hoc reports, as needed
• Maintain billing files/e-files and retrieve back-up for the department, attorneys, audits and other inquiries
• Assist with monthly and year-end closing and reporting as required
• Must be detail oriented and demonstrate a commitment to accuracy and thoroughness
• Must possess excellent customer service skills, have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize, while anticipating work needs
• Must be able to work independently, follow through with minimum direction and follow up on own initiative
• Must be able to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment and adapt to changing priorities and work demands
• Must be proficient in Aderant or Elite Enterprise, Microsoft Office and Windows applications
• Associate degree or related course work in accounting/finance required
• 5 or more years of hands-on billing experience in a law firm
Please submit resume to Adrienne@matfar.com in reference to JO#36567
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.