San Francisco (Financial District)
Please note that the employer will be holding all interviews remotely for this position
Matura Farrington is working with a successful, growing mid-sized law firm located in the heart of San Francisco’s financial district and seeking a full-time Billing Coordinator to join its Accounting Department. The Billing Coordinator is an essential contributor to the team with full-cycle duties including preparing, generating, and sending invoices, communicating directly with clients and internal staff regarding all relevant inquiries, and following up with clients regarding collections. This person would be joining a tight-knit, friendly team with a firm that offers all the best technology with an upcoming system upgrade, amazing perks like tuition reimbursement, company mixers, monthly gifts, charity events, fitness incentives (including gift cards and an on-site gym), and more. The Billing Coordinator would have great opportunity for career advancement including managerial duties in the future.
Responsibilities will include:
- General ledger coding and scanning
- Generating and distributing monthly pre-bills
- Reviewing partner guidelines and client agreements to ensure an accurate billing process
- Finalizing invoices and submitting them to clients directly through their channel of choice, including e-mail and paper form as well as various e-billing portals
- Following up directly with clients regarding payments and assisting with collections when appropriate
- Providing assistance with budgeting and ad-hoc reporting, working closely with attorneys
- Applying cash receipts, depositing checks, and preparing reports
- Play key part in month end close
- 1+ years of experience in Billing at a law firm or legal consulting firm is a must
- Experience with the full cycle of billing is a must
- e-Billing experience is highly preferred
- Experience with a billing/timekeeping software such as Elite, Aderant, ProLaw, Lawtime, Rippe & Kingston, etc. is preferred
- Excellent tech skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
If you are interested in applying for this role, please submit your resume to email@example.com in reference to JO #36291.
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.