High powered International Firm is seeking a Billing Coordinator for its’ Los Angeles office. The Billing Coordinator is responsible for the completion of all facets of the billing and collection function. The position requires the preparation of client invoices, as well as monitoring and follow-up after they are sent.
• Work with the Billing Manager, Billing Coordinators, and/or partners
• Will be involved with complex billing matters and related requests.
• Perform client billing and collection activities for assigned clients in a timely manner.
• Generate Proformas for each assigned partner at the beginning of each month, after the time entry deadline and review Proformas for misallocated time and ensure time entries are in accordance with client policy.
• Prepare electronic invoices using LEDES files and submit electronic invoices to clients
• Track status of bills submitted, identify issues, and work to address rejections and reductions as they arise.
• Provide assistance to partners and clients regarding outstanding and/or short paid invoices.
• Communicate situations as they arise that may require follow-up, such as rate issues, delays in billing, difficult requests, etc.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business.
• 1-2 years of previous billing experience in a law firm of professional services company
• Must possess outstanding interpersonal skills in order to work effectively within team environment as well as independently.
• The ability to adapt to new assignments and deadlines in a fast-paced, highly demanding environment is required
• MS Office with emphasis on Word and Excel
• Elite 3E & Electronic Billing Systems
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.