Well established, nationwide firm is seeking a Billing Specialist for its’ Chicago office to assist attorneys with the preparation of bills for clients and performs follow up action on past due client accounts. The Billing Specialist performs daily billing activities to support partners, attorneys, and clients.
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Proforma generation and edits, creating timecard summaries, updating matter and Timekeeper rates, and running client reports at the request of the partners and attorneys.
• Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and acceptance of invoices on a monthly basis. Follow up with Billing partners and others in order to resolve client billing issues and ensure invoices are approved and billed.
• Understands and ensures correct implementation of client Outside Counsel Guidelines.
• Must be highly detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of two years of related experience
• Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
• Understanding of general accounting principles as they apply to Billings and A/R
• Excellent math aptitude
• Previous law firm experience
• Implementation of, or exposure to various client billing agreements
• Experience with electronic billing and electronic billing vendors
• Knowledge of Elite and ebillingHub
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org