Highly successful full-service law firm is seeking a Billing Specialist to support their Los Angeles billing team. This is a highly visible role considering they will report directly to the Controller and will be an integral part of their accounting team. This position offers tremendous professional growth opportunities. The Billing Specialist must be able to work independently and will be responsible for the analysis, coordination and resolution of billing issues, including ensuring appropriate communications with involved parties is consistently maintained. The Billing Specialist must show exceptional customer service to vendors and employees, answer client inquiries, perform research on bills and more. This is an excellent opportunity at a firm that offers the best in training, technology, compensation and benefits.
- Reviewing time entries on pre-bills and requesting revisions of insufficient entries
- Processing edits of attorney’s time entries
- Preparing and posting pre-bills and bills
- Maintaining billing guidelines to each specific bill
- Revising and resubmitting short-paid and rejected invoices
- Determining e-billed expenses and fees that were short-paid or rejected that cannot be recovered
- Communicate with attorneys and professional staff to answer any billing inquiries
- Generating Billing and A/R reports
- Track narrative bills and E-billed invoices
- Ideal candidate will have 2+ years of full-cycle law firm billing experience
- Billing Specialist must have strong technology skills, including MS Office Suite
- Ability to leverage technology in work processes
- Experience with legal accounting software preferred
*Represents basic qualifications for this Billing Specialist position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
- Firm also offers comprehensive benefits including PTO, health insurance, 401k, etc.
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.
Email your resume to Janet@matfar.com