Prominent, regional law firm is seeking an experienced Billing Specialist for its’ Los Angeles office.
The Billing Specialist is responsible for performing routine and advanced billing functions, inclusive of review and maintenance of client bills, compliance with client billing requirements, and electronic Billing.
• Review and maintenance of client bills:
• Auditing client bills, including reviewing time and expenses for rate compliance, narrative corrections, transfers, and other billing issues.
• Compliance with client billing requirements:
• Responsible for ensuring Firm’s bills are in compliance.
• Responsible for preparing invoice file(s) sent to the client; inclusive of reviewing the file in eBillingHub to verify accuracy and compliance with the client’s billing guidelines
• Proactively monitor e-billing progress, including status reporting in e-billing systems and eBillingHub
• Ensure that all e-billing issues are monitored and resolved timely
• Work collaboratively with supervisor to support client e-billing systems, including user and security administration, entering budgets, status reports, and matter profiles in various sub-systems.
• Act as a liaison between billing attorneys and billing secretaries, attorneys, and/or organization (customers) and the billing staff.
• Accurate and timely completion of assignments and inquiry responses.
• Assist with month-end closing and reporting as needed.
• Elite 3E
• eBilling Hub
• MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Strong knowledge of MS Excel (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, SUMIF and similar functionality).
• Collaborati, Serengeti, DataCert (ShareDoc), CounselLink.
• Other hardware/software as required
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or equivalent, preferred.
• Minimum of five (5) years billing/eBilling experience in a law firm environment.
• Experience with Elite 3E and eBilling required. Experience with eBilling HUB preferred.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to strategize, multi-task and prioritize are required.
• Commitment to proactive communication and exceptional follow up skills are required.
Submit resume to Adrienne@matfar.com
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.