Prestigious International Law Firm is seeking for a strategic, results-oriented business development manager who will drive strategy and identify and implement initiatives for the corporate and financial institutions practice groups and the financial services industry group. This candidate will report to the firm’s Assistant Director for Business Development for Corporate, and will work closely with practice group and industry group leaders, and with the broader Marketing and Business Development (BD),
Duties & Responsibilities:
Practice Group & Individual Lawyer Planning
• Consult with practice group leadership to develop and coordinate strategic business development plans for assigned groups and individuals
• Manage the implementation and execution of these plans and initiatives, and measure outcomes.
• Lead on annual practice group budget development and manage approved budget on a monthly basis.
• Act as primary point of contact for practice group leadership and broader partnership.
• Coordinate preparation for and attend regular practice group meetings with the Firm’s Management Committee.
• Direct practice group response process for RFP/pitch opportunities, including development of customized, client specific pitch materials. Track opportunity origination and win/loss record.
• Actively monitor relevant trade press and development to report on prospective client development leads to partners on a daily basis.
• Provide strategic business development advice to leadership and partners focused on the generation of new business leads, expansion of existing clients, and identification and pursuit of cross-selling opportunities.
• Responsibility for select Relationship Manager program clients – drafting fiscal year plans and reporting on progress throughout the year.
• Identification of and research into potential profile-raising activities.
• With support from the CRM Systems team, develop, and maintain segmented client and prospect mailing lists.
• Assist with the editing, layout, and production of firm and practice group marketing materials.
• Manage and coordinate the updating of website content, newsletters, brochures, and other external communication pieces.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field. MBA or JD a plus.
• Minimum of three years of experience in professional services marketing and business development.
• Demonstrated background of accomplishment in marketing and business development.
• Previous law firm experience is highly desirable.
• Proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel required.
• lnterAction and Adobe skills a plus.
Please submit resumes to Adrienne@matfar.com
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.