Top tier global firm with thriving Los Angeles office seeks Business Development Manager to oversee strategic growth initiatives. Firm has posted record numbers over the last several years and they are poised for continued success. The Business Development Manager is responsible for positioning the firm in assigned industries and developing opportunities from prospective and current clients. The Business Development Manager will work closely with the marketing and business development team on a national basis. Position requires strong leadership skills; must possess the ability to advise lawyers on the expansion of practice areas and cross selling opportunities.
- Work with LA partners to design and implement marketing and business development objectives, strategies and tactics that align with goals
- Assist lawyers in writing and implementing individual/office strategic plans. Work with practice leaders to help attorneys develop and implement personal business development plans
- Conduct research on existing and prospective clients, competitor activity, and industry or regional trends to develop best practices
- Act as a conduit to identify and communicate cross-selling opportunities among colleagues
- With the firm’s communications team and regional practice leaders, implement media relations and communications activities relevant to the marketing and BD initiatives associated with the office
- Maintain deals list and track and report pitches and proposals
- Manage seminars, CLE presentations and other marketing-oriented events, including web presentation
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience required.
- Must have experience implementing Marketing and BD initiatives in a law firm or similar services firm.
- B.A. in Marketing, Communications, English preferred or relevant/equivalent experience in similar field.
- Ability to communicate effectively with attorneys, professional level staff and peers. Evoke confidence from partners, management and peers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Microsoft SharePoint. Familiarity with Lexis-Nexis InterAction (or other CRM system), website CMS and Concep Campaigner (or other email marketing software) a plus.
- Excellent research skills, including familiarity with online internet research as well as transactional databases such as ThomsonOne; Bloomberg; Lexis Advantage.
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.
Please send resumes to