Top tier national firm seeks Business Development Manager to oversee strategic growth initiatives. The Business Development Manager is responsible for positioning the firm in assigned industries and developing opportunities from prospective and current clients. The Business Development Manager will work closely with the marketing and business development team on a national basis. Position requires strong leadership skills; must possess the ability to advise lawyers on the expansion of practice areas and cross selling opportunities.
Obtain client, prospect and marketing research, working with the library department as needed. Analyze research and summarize key takeaways and opportunities for practice growth.
Coach and train lawyers so that they have the necessary skills to advance and achieve individual and firm practice development objectives.
Actively monitor marketplace, practice and industry developments, particularly those affecting existing and targeted prospective clients, to quickly identify and react to lead generation opportunities.
Leverage programs established by the PD group such as events, sponsorships, speaking engagements, CLEs, books/articles, etc. to the practice and industry groups, and the individual lawyers to ensure maximum benefit of firm programming.
Educate on best practices for Business Development as appropriate and in alignment with firm objectives and practices.
Periodically analyze our client base with regard to clients, matters, fees, industries, type of work, and other metrics that will help identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. Identify trends and make recommendations for expanding market share.
Spearhead the creation of a client feedback program and articulate a client service strategy. Build consensus on the programs, plans, and desired outcomes.
Lead the pitch and proposal process, including quality control regarding RFPs and other related deliverables. Serve as a subject matter expert and advise lawyers on response strategy. Work with the Business Development Specialist and others in the group to ensure optimal process, content and delivery. Track proposal status in a centralized database, analyze outcomes, and continuously improve content for future use.
Manage the Business Development Specialist.
Perform other duties as assigned.
· Minimum 5-7 years’ relevant experience required.
· Must have experience implementing Marketing and BD initiatives in a law firm or similar services firm.
· B.A. in Marketing, Communications, English preferred or relevant/equivalent experience in similar field.
· Ability to communicate effectively with attorneys, professional level staff and peers. Evoke confidence from partners, management and peers.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Microsoft SharePoint. Familiarity with Lexis-Nexis InterAction (or other CRM system), website CMS and Concep Campaigner (or other email marketing software) a plus.
· Excellent research skills, including familiarity with online internet research as well as transactional databases such as ThomsonOne; Bloomberg; Lexis Advantage.
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job order #34061