BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
National, preeminent firm is seeking a Business Development Specialist for its’ Los Angeles office. Under the general direction of the CMO and Director of Business Development (“BD”), the Business Development Specialist performs a variety of functions to drive the development of new business for the firm. This position also provides support to and collaborates with other members of the team. This position works with attorneys to facilitate various projects and strategic initiatives. The Business Development Specialist has strong analytical, research, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Lead business development activities for select practice and industry teams, and individual lawyers.
- Review and interpret client, financial, industry, competitor, and other data to help identify cross-selling, profile raising, and client development opportunities.
- Collaborate with communications/PR colleagues to further the firm’s visibility objectives.
- Conceptualize and contribute to internal business development guides and other communications.
- Provide written and oral reports that summarize and synthesize information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of relevant experience working in a law firm.
- Strong knowledge of business development, marketing, and client relations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field, or the equivalent professional experience.
- Ability to assess the accuracy and thoroughness of written work product.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
- Excellent analytical skills including the ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
- Expert MS Office Skills, including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. MS Planner is a plus.
- Flexibility to adjust work schedule according to workload demands with night and weekend availability, as needed.
- General knowledge of a variety of law firm practice areas, both litigation and transactional.
If qualified and interested, please submit your resume to [email protected]
Job order #37471
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.