Well regarded National Firm that has been ranked among top 5 law firms in the nation according to The American Lawyer is seeking a Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) who will work closely with all high ranking personnel within the Marketing Department. The position requires travel to other offices and cities as needed for firm business. The Chief Marketing Officer is responsible for leading and managing a high-performance team of professionals responsible for each aspect of the firm’s marketing and business development, including: brand management; strategic and tactical planning for practices, client teams and sector/industry initiatives; RFP responses and other pitches and proposals; internal and external communications including media relations; events; the firm’s website and other digital marketing tools; and marketing-related technologies/systems.
• Develop a firm wide marketing and business development plan, with subordinate practice area and attorney plans.
• Oversee a department of six-to-ten professionals.
• Manage relations with external providers of services such as website, media relations, business development coaching, client feedback programs and marketing-related technologies.
• Manage the implementation of marketing-related technologies, especially the integration of systems.
• Manage development of effective collateral material, including the design of proposals, firm brochure, practice/office/industry brochures, client alerts, newsletters, and announcements.
• Manage external and internal communications, including promotion of firm and attorney awards, rankings and accomplishments.
• Serve as departmental liaison and collaborate with other senior professionals
• Establish metrics with which to track the department’s performance and routinely report those to management.
• Develop, monitor and manage the firm’s marketing budget.
• Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, journalism, marketing or a related field.
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.