Top ranked international firm is in need of a Client Operations Supervisor for their New York office to implement and oversee the client administrative process, including engagement management, client intake, billing, collections, and reporting.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and develop a team of billing and collection Specialists
- Serve as primary point of contact for all Partner inquiries, ensuring that all requests are addressed timely, and escalating potential issues when appropriate
- Be a subject matter expert for both Elite Enterprise (current) and Aderant (future) billing systems
- Ensure that all billing and collection policies and procedures are executed by the team
- Identify opportunities to streamline the billing and collection process, with the goal of reducing partner time spent on administrative processes.
- Represent the practice group at Billing & Collection Committee meetings, presenting status of all active balances (WIP & A/R) and highlighting potential issues
- Liaise with Billing Committee members as it relates to the approval of write-downs, discounts and exceptions to the billing policy
- Administer the collections process ensuring that delinquent accounts are resolved in a timely manner and escalated appropriately to Firm’s management
- Provide timely information on billing, collections, write-offs and discounts to the Director of Client Operations.
- Ensure standard rates are properly applied and that any exception rates are properly authorized, which will include obtaining the approval of the New Business Committee
- Provide relevant pricing support for RFPs by liaising with Pricing Support Group and Partners
- Bachelor’s degree required; a concentration in accounting, business, finance, or economics is preferred. CPA designation a plus
- Experience working in an operations or accounting position at a law firm or corporate environment is required
- A minimum of 2 years in a supervisory role
- Moderate to advanced technical skills in Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, client service skills, strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively interact with personnel across different functions and levels of the organization
If interested, please submit resume to Adrienne@matfar.com
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.