Elite global law firm is in need of Key Client Revenue Controller for it’s Los Angeles office.
The Client Revenue Controller will be responsible for coordinating multiple financial related tasks on behalf of one of the Firm’s key clients. Priorities will include overseeing the key client’s billing and revenue generation processes.
• Responsible for the effectiveness of the Firm’s billing and inventory management activities for a key client of the Firm.
• Oversee WIP, AR and billings for key client portfolio matters and communicating as necessary with senior management to ensure that balances are managed in accordance with matter arrangements and firm policy
• Monitor and enforce the timely and accurate inputs of timekeeper diaries to ensure prompt billing
• Provide first level review of proforma time narratives to ensure accurate time recording across all portfolio matters; liaise with Billing team to execute on all edits including but not limited to, transfers, write-downs etc. prior to partner draft bill review
• Manage and review all related invoices monthly from local counsel in over 75 countries, review for compliance with client counsel guidelines
• Monthly reporting to lead partner on matters, including reporting on local counsel expenses and variance analysis on portfolio matters
• Track and submit local counsel invoices for relevant lawyer review and approval. If approved, workflow to Accounts Payable for payment. If deemed inefficient, negotiate discount with local counsel when appropriate
• Manage and execute on targets set for monthly and/or quarterly billing/collections drives
• Monitor inventory levels and related exposure on fixed/capped fee matters
• Work in conjunction with the Financial Compliance group to monitor the opening of new matters to ensure proper billing rates and fee structures are utilized as governed by matter and client fee arrangements.
• Generate reports for clients, partners, inventory teams, Firm management and other internal parties to track WIP, AR, billings, and other statistics including, client and matter profitability
• Identify matter management and billing process improvement opportunities and make respective recommendations.
• Intermediary knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of 3E or Elite Enterprise preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
• Relevant and in depth experience in revenue management
• Law Firm experience is essential, ideally in a top 20 firm with experience liaising with overseas offices/international clients
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org