Well established national law firm seeks an experienced, dynamic, and organized self-starter to join our firm as a Collections Manager in our Los Angeles & New York offices assisting the firm in meeting its targeted cash revenue goals by resolving client, attorney and/or internal staff issues regarding unpaid Accounts Receivable.
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on manager who has the ability to develop and implement effective collections policies and procedures, consistent with law firm best practices, to maximize collections. This person should be able to anticipate needs and expectations and act accordingly to support the success of the Firm.
· Supervise, train, mentor and work closely with team members to ensure consistency, quality, and results in daily operations
· Understand the value of succinct and timely reporting, delivering and discussing information pro-actively
· Develop the firm’s collections policy and procedures to determine best course of action to mitigate collections risk
· Follow up with clients and attorneys on an ongoing basis to track collection efforts and to respond to individual requests regarding account information and/or analysis
· Focus on early stage collections to elevate issues timely and clearly or establish payment plans
· Monitor accounts receivable reports and update payment status information related to past due accounts
· Maintain client contact to ensure prompt resolution and payment by reviewing status of delinquent accounts daily, weekly or monthly
* Proficient in ARCS (or similar professional collection software) and Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel. Experience with Elite or Aderant preferred.
* Ability to prioritize, plan and multi-task work activities while effectively meeting deadlines.
* Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills with the ability to work effectively with all levels of personnel of the Firm.
* Minimum of 5+ years collections experience preferably in a law firm or other large professional services organization. Knowledge of collections, negotiations, settlements and problem resolutions.
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.