Matura Farrington is seeking a Legal Collections Specialist to work for a premier law firm based in Downtown Los Angeles. The Collections Specialist will be responsible for managing large portfolio and working closely with firm management in order to maximize collectability. Responsibilities include reviewing the status of delinquent accounts and working with the Billing Attorneys and Collections Manager in order to determine the best course of action. The Collections Specialist day-to-day will involve heavy client contact, preparation of A/R reports, researching of disputed account balances and write offs, retrieving statements and check copies as well as assisting attorneys and clients with account balance and billing inquiries.
This is an excellent opportunity at a firm that offers the best in training, technology, compensation and benefits.
- College year degree preferred, or equivalent years of experience
- Collections experience in a law firm required
- Must have experience with legal accounting software such as Omega, Elite, Aderant CMS or similar software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced experience in MS Word and Excel
- Strong attention to detail
Represents basic qualifications for this position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.
Please send resume to Stephanie@matfar.com