Highly reputable global law firm seeks Collections Specialist for their Los Angeles office. This an exciting position that offers tremendous long term professional development opportunities. The firm has demonstrated record growth over the last 10 years and is poised for future growth. With offices state wide, they are very highly regarded. The Collections Specialist will work directly under the Collections Manager and collections team. The Collections Specialist must show exceptional customer service to clients and employees, answer client inquiries, run aging reports and more. Experience in a professional services setting highly preferred! This is an excellent opportunity at a firm that offers the best in training, technology, compensation and benefits.
Daily responsibilities include:
• Monitor accounts receivable reports and update payment status information related to past due accounts
• Reconciled the account receivables ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
• Follow up with attorneys on an ongoing basis to track collection efforts and to respond to individual requests regarding account information and/or analysis
• Maintain client contact to resolve disallowances and ensure prompt resolution and payment
• Work closely with the Collections Manager and Management on firm reporting
• Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
• 1+ years of collection experience in a law firm a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Advanced experience in MS Word and Excel
• Familiarity with a legal accounts software is required
• Strong attention to detail
• College degree or equivalent years of experience
*Represents basic qualifications for this Collections position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
• Firm also offers comprehensive benefits including PTO, health insurance, 401k, etc.
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.
JO # 36571