Mid-sized law firm is seeking a strong Corporate / Real Estate Legal Secretary/Assistant to join their downtown Los Angeles office. The ideal candidate will have substantial law firm or legal department experience, be familiar with transactional closing procedures, legal contracts/documents, and various legal administrative duties. If you are a strong Legal Secretary/Assistant with substantive law firm experience, and are looking for a new opportunity with an excellent firm that promotes growth, please apply for consideration!
- Prepare and proofread documents, correspondence, etc., to ensure accuracy of copy, grammar, punctuation, including red-lining.
- Assist with coordinating closings with all parties in the transaction, including the buyers, sellers, title insurance companies, opposing counsels, and lenders.
- Manage and organize documents in document management systems (iManage).
- Answer and handle phone calls in a professional manner and interact with clients to address requests when possible.
- Perform a variety of secretarial functions, processing new client/matter, time input and expense reports.
*Must have at least 2-3+ years of law firm or legal department experience, corporate or real estate transactions experience preferred
*Must have strong software skills and knowledge including redlining, (MS Office Suite), legal software, etc.
*Exceptional communication skills to communicate with attorneys, staff, and clients
Paralegal Certificate strongly preferred as there is room for growth in this position
*Represents basic qualifications for this Litigation Legal Secretary/Assistant position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Salary: Dependent on experience, very competitive
Firm also offers full comprehensive benefits including PTO, health insurance, bonus structure, 401k, etc.
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.