EMPLOYEE FACE COVERINGS AT WORK – NOW MANDATORY AT ALL TIMES INDOORS
As July 16th the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health modified the county Health Officer Order requiring everyone, regardless of vaccination status, to wear a mask in indoor public settings and businesses beginning Saturday, July 17, at 11:59 pm.
This mean that masks are required at all times in the workplace. There are a few exceptions, and the most common are when the employee is alone in a room or vehicle; when eating or drinking; when a medical accommodation is required; or when the job duties make a face covering infeasible or hazardous. Matura Farrington Staffing Services will provide respirators (N95s) to employees upon request. Please contact our office at 213-553-8451 and ask for human resources to make a request.
Many California employers are in the process of mandating vaccinations for their employees. These mandates also apply to temporary employees who are assigned to perform work for these employers. Matura Farrington is carefully monitoring the status of our clients who are implementing mandatory vaccination policies. If a Matura Farrington temporary employee is notified that their worksite has issued a mandatory vaccination policy, we ask our temporary employees to notify our Human Resources department so that we can assists with questions or concerns. Matura Farrington will engage in the interactive process with any applicant or employee who requests an exemption for the COVID-19 vaccination due to a disability, medical condition, or a sincerely held religious belief and is seeking a reasonable accommodation. All requests should be directed to the Matura Farrington Human Resources Department – Stephanie Steele: [email protected] OR 213-996-3726.
For employees who are seeking vaccination information please go to:
myturn.ca.gov or call (833) 422-4255 to get a COVID-19 vaccine appointment or walk-in site near you.
Use the CDC’s VaccineFinder to find an appointment or walk-in site near you. You can also check with your healthcare provider or local pharmacy. Get vaccinated – it’s safe, effective, and free. Vaccination is the most important tool to end the COVID-19 pandemic. Every Californian 12 and up is now eligible for vaccination.
VISITORS TO OUR OFFICE – COVID-19 PROTOCOL
The health and well-being of our employees, vendors and office visitors is important to us. While many questions regarding the novel coronavirus remain unanswered at this time, there are practical, commonsense protocols that we have implemented to help make our office environment as safe as possible during the current pandemic. The following guidelines will be implemented for all visitors to our office:
- All visitors must abide by our front door attestation regarding COVID-19
- The maximum visitors to the office at any given time is one
- No visitors are allowed beyond the reception area
- All visitors must wear face coverings when entering the office and will be provided one if they are unprepared
- Delivery personnel should only momentarily enter the front office for deliveries
- All visitors and candidates:
- Must have an appointment
- Must provide their name, phone number/email address for our guest log
- Must come alone without any guests unless needed for an accommodation
- May be asked to completed a health screening questionnaire and have their temperature taken
- All visitors must abide by the 6 foot social distancing standard with our staff
- Anyone who is or appears sick who enters the office will be asked to leave go home immediately
We have provided additional information regarding the coronavirus and COVID-19 for your benefit on the left menu.
Remember: communication with Matura Farrington about your work site is critical during the pandemic. If you have concerns, comments or suggestions about your work site and the coronavirus, please contact our human resources department immediately at 213-996-3720 or [email protected].