Major international law firm, is seeking a Director of Administration to manage its Los Angeles & Century City, California offices. The offices have 261 lawyers, 68 retired partners, and 113 regular staff members. In addition, there are approximately one hundred eighty (180) Global Services personnel resident in the Los Angeles office.
This individual will manage the day-to-day administrative and operational functions of the office, directly reporting to the Partners-in-Charge of the office and working closely with the Executive Director and the Chief Human Resources Officer as well as other Global Services personnel to achieve Firm-wide objectives.
• Responsible for the day-to-day human resources management within the office, including compliance with regulatory requirements as well as firm policies and procedures.
• Director of Administration is responsible for promoting and establishing a client service environment in support of the lawyers and Firm’s clients.
• Responsible for management of the office’s administrative staff, including facilities, support services, secretaries, paralegals, reception and records.
• Also has responsibility for the preparation and management of the office budget, accounting functions, facilities management and maintenance of contracts and leases.
• Must be able to split time between Los Angeles and Century City offices on a regular basis and as business/service needs demand.
• Thorough understanding of administration, facilities management, human resources and purchasing
• Ten years of progressively responsible work experience with legal or other professional services organization with direct experience in managing business operations.
• Ability to identify and analyze issues and problems and to recommend and implement solutions.
• Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with time constraints, interruptions.
• Proficient with MS Office 2010 (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
• Familiarity with and proficiency in CMS time, billing and accounting systems preferred.
• Degree in Business Administration, HR management or closely related field, required.
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.
Send resumes as a Word document to Adrienne@matfar.com