A preeminent, full-service international law firm is seeking a Business Development Specialist for its’ San Francisco office. This position supports the Bay Area, and as necessary, the West Coast Business Development Department. The Business Development Specialist will report directly to the Business Development Manager for the Bay Area.
Handle any other special projects assigned by the West Coast Director of Business Development, which may include one or more of the following: legal directory submissions, responses to RFPs and business pitches, market research, practice area descriptions and attorney biography maintenance, CRM content maintenance, industry/client trend tracking, and general business development support. Candidate may also be called upon to assist with various other marketing initiatives that intersect with other functional areas within the marketing context.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Successful candidates will have had previous law firm or other professional services experience.
• Solid knowledge of corporate, litigation and intellectual property practices desired.
• Specific knowledge of M&A, private equity and fund formation considered a plus.
• Possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with lawyers and staff to achieve results.
• Work effectively as part of a growing Firm wide Business Development team.
• A solid command of a number of different technology applications to produce a high-end and professional work product, including the Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, and InterAction (or similar CRM).
• Will possess outstanding proofreading and communication (oral and written) skills, and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
• Bachelor Degree preferred.
• 5+ years business development and marketing experience gained within professional services
• Strong skills in MS Office software with expertise in Microsoft SharePoint, Excel and PowerPoint preferred.
• Ability to thrive in an electronic environment and utilize technology to deliver information.
• Prior InterAction or other CRM knowledge highly preferable.
• Graphics experience or background considered a plus.
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.