Well established law firm seeks Director of Finance to oversee business operations for the firm. This is an opportunity to manage a financial function with a high degree of autonomy. Highly successful boutique offers competitive salary and benefit package. Candidate will report directly to the managing partner of the firm and will have the following responsibilities associated with the position:
- Manage and direct the accounting operational functions including general ledger, accounts payable, payroll, trust and treasury management
- Manage the firm’s year-end audit compliance function, including coordinating with the firm’s CPA firm and overseeing the compliance reporting within the respective functional areas (e.g., W2s and 1099s).
- Liaise with the tax team for coordination of audit and tax.
- Prepare and review the firm’s monthly financial statements.
- Oversee small accounting team and review the GL to ensure accounting compliance
- Direct A/P, A/R, Payroll and Tax (deposits and reporting) function
- Maintain adherence to company policies, practices, and procedure
- Manage banking activity and relationship with outside CPA firm
- Qualified candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 10 plus years work experience in a Law Firm or Professional Services environment.
- Management experience is required
- CPA or MBA preferred
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.
Qualified candidates should send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org