Well respected national firm’s Washington, DC office is in need of a Billing Administrator for its’ large Accounting Department. This position will be responsible for all aspects of electronic billing in multiple offices with regards to providing an accurate and timely completion of assignments and inquiry responses while ensuring that all tasks and duties are completed within the Firm’s set guidelines and procedures. The Administrator is expected to provide support on all department billing, general department issues, prepare department reports, monitor workloads and recommend changes to the assigned workload of billing staff.
• Set up of clients new to e-billing on appropriate e-billing software as well as e-Billing Hub.
• Train billing staff on usage of each individual e-billing system. Assist the staff with complex billing situations and troubleshooting e-billing issues.
• Understand and ensure compliance with all e-billing requirements. Communicate requirements to appropriate firm personnel and offers training where needed.
• Prepare monthly reports on the bill status of all invoices in e-billing through acceptance. Follow-up with Partners, clients, billing staff and accounting as necessary regarding compliance with Outside Counsel Guidelines, e-billing setups, rejections, and short payments.
• Coordinate all the functions necessary for proper billing according to Department procedures, applying good accounting principles, using proper internal control procedures and good judgment.
• Oversee, assess and provide feedback on work product and performance of assigned staff to Senior Billing Manager as part of the performance review process.
• Analyze complex client billing arrangements and effectively manage for purposes of creating accurate invoices and adherence to outside client billing guidelines.
• Back-up for the Billing and Intake Compliance Administrator for the review of New Case Reports for consistency to the Engagement Letters.
• Excellent communication skills both written & verbal
• Ability to analyze and reconcile between the firm’s billing system and third party e-billing systems.
• Ability to recognize cause for discrepancies between the two systems using independent judgment and discretion
• Must be able to negotiate an agreed upon resolution between firm and client.
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.