Established law firm is looking for an experienced Family Law Paralegal to join their Los Angeles office. The ideal candidate will have substantive civil litigation experience, be experienced with e-filing in state/federal courts, calendaring, and various legal administrative duties, preferably in a boutique or mid-sized law firm environment. If you are an experienced Family Law Paralegal with substantive civil litigation experience in family law, and looking for an opportunity with a growing firm, please submit your resume for professional consideration!
· Propound/respond to discovery
· Calendar and manage federal court deadlines
· Prepare documents for filing with the state and federal court
· Draft correspondence and regularly communicate with clients, experts, and defense counsel in an effective and courteous manner
· Assist with pre-trial preparation, including drafting trial documents and preparing exhibits
· Prioritize and complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner
· General administrative duties, such as answering phones, expense reports, timekeeping, and managing the attorney’s schedules
· *Must have at least 4+ years of litigation experience, within FAMILY LAW
· *Must have knowledge of court filing requirements, including experience with e-filing in state/federal courts
· Strong software skills and knowledge, (MS Office Suite), legal software, etc.
· Exceptional communication skills to communicate with attorneys, staff, and clients
*Represents basic qualifications for this Paralegal position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.
Email your resume to Ashley@MatFar.com