Prominent, regional law firm is seeking a Financial Analyst for its’ Los Angeles office.
The Financial Analyst will play a key role in helping attorneys develop budgets and forecasts. The Financial Analyst will also assist attorneys in managing alternative fee arrangements by providing reporting on activity and for performing day-to-day monitoring of matters. In addition, the Financial Analyst will create models for future use.
• Work closely with attorneys to respond to client requests for budgets
• Define scope and develop task based budgets and forecasts
• Assist in the development of alternate pricing proposals
• Provide attorneys with relevant data to help them manage client expectations on legal spend and with business development efforts
• Create and publish budget to actual reports and packages
• Create ad hoc reports as requested by attorneys and update departmental dashboards
• Assist in defining a pricing framework for specific litigation tasks or phases
• Analyze and interpret comparable matter data and correct for anomalies
• Determine causes of data quality problems
• A related bills and audit responses
• Approve AFA related bills and audit responses
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Minimum 3 years of financial planning and analysis (FP&A) experience or related experience involving data analysis
• substantial quantitative modeling and forecasting.
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external clients including attorneys, management, other staff, clients of the firm and, at times, vendors.
• The ability to work independently.
• Proficient in MS Excel, MS Access, SQL, Word and PowerPoint.
• Prior law firm experience is helpful, but not required.
Submit resume to Adrienne@matfar.com
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, State and Federal laws.