Dynamic, international law firm is need of a Financial Systems Engineer. The position is responsible for implementation, maintenance and support of financial and companion systems.
Duties and/or Responsibilities include:
• Plan for and implement new front and back end financial system for the Accounting and Risk Management departments.
• Maintain and oversee application and accounting servers.
• Provide escalation support for helpdesk for both accounting users and end users accessing financial software systems.
• Assure maximum uptime and disaster recovery policies for the Accounting department are implemented and followed.
• Assist in the modification and creation of business analytic reports as needed to help the Accounting department.
• Monitor performance and troubleshoot issues from both a technical and financial approach.
• Work with risk management and finance to identify workflow improvements and implement those requests
• Strong understanding of financial concepts and terminology; understanding of legal billing processes a plus.
• Significant experience in configuring, supporting and implementing legal accounting systems such as Elite Enterprise, Aderant or Elite 3E.
• Experience with Microsoft Server and SQL products and related platforms.
• Understanding of virtualization concepts as they relate to user access and system performance.
• Demonstrated knowledge of T-SQL, PowerShell, Basic SQL administration and performance tuning.
• Demonstrated knowledge of business intelligence, analytics and financial reporting.
• Exceptional communication skills with people both internal to the IT department and Accounting departments.
• Exceptional research skills, exhibiting a desire to expand knowledge and take initiative to introduce new concepts and products to the firm.
• Provide 24×7 response and assistance for urgent issues.