International law firm is seeking an experienced Intellectual (IP) Patent Secretary to join their Silicon Valley office. The ideal candidate will have substantial patent prosecution experience with all aspects of domestic/USPTO matters, foreign experience is also preferred. If you are an experienced IP secretary with substantive patent prosecution experience, and looking for a new opportunity with an established, highly respected firm that has low turnover and truly values their employees, please submit your resume for professional consideration!
• Proactively manage patent prosecution dockets, ensuring all deadlines are met in a timely manner. Communicate calendar and docket updates to the docketing teams.
• Work closely with attorneys, technical specialists and patent agents to prepare and file US, PCT, and foreign patent applications and official correspondence using the Firm’s standards and procedures. Official correspondence includes, but is not limited to, application data sheets, declarations, powers of attorney, assignments, IDSs, responses to office actions, amendments, issue fee payments and extensions.
• Prepare client reporting letters, foreign attorney instruction letters, and CPI status and docket reports for attorney review.
• Communicate directly with clients, foreign attorneys, and USPTO under the direction of a patent attorney or agent. Double check work product before presenting to attorney for review and again before sending or filing.
• Ensure that client-matter numbers are opened according to the Firm’s guidelines.
• Timely review and forward annuity and maintenance fee information to the annuity team, and send foreign attorney invoices to the accounting department.
• Administrative tasks include, but are not limited to, maintaining client files, entering time, and promptly submitting expense reports and vendor invoices.
*At least 4-5+ years of patent prosecution experience in a law firm or legal department
*Stable work history
*Knowledge of IP docketing software
High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
*Represents basic qualifications for this IP Patent Secretary position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Salary: DOE, very competitive
Firm also offers full comprehensive benefits including PTO, health insurance, bonus structure, 401k, etc.
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.
JO # 34337