Well respected national firm is looking for an IP Patent Docketing Specialist in their DC, LA, NY or Boston offices.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Analyze all incoming communication types related to US and foreign patent prosecution and enter required information into the docketing database.
• Reconcile filed documents, acknowledgment receipts, docket sheets, attorney comments and incoming/outgoing communication against docketed due dates in order to clear dockets.
• Monitor departmental email boxes for incoming communication and make appropriate docket updates.
• Prepare system reports and customized queries upon request or on a routine basis.
• Research and resolve docketing inaccuracies and answer questions related to the docket.
• Confirm and update case data using official online databases for US and foreign patent matters
• B.A/B.S degree is highly preferred. Related work experience may be used in lieu of formal education
• Minimum 2 years patent docketing experience using a computerized docketing system, CPI and/or Patricia experience preferred
• Advanced foreign patent docketing experience highly preferred
• Prior law firm experience required
• Knowledge of USPTO practices and procedures required
• Strong proofreading and reading comprehension skills
• Typing at least 30 wpm
• Proficiency in use of office software such as Word and Excel helpful
• Flexibility for overtime required
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.