White & Case
White & Case is an elite global law firm serving leading companies, financial institutions and governments worldwide. Our long history as an international firm means we are perfectly placed to help our clients resolve their most complex legal challenges wherever they may be. With lawyers operating from more than 40 locations, working in virtually every country of the world, we have invested heavily in building a high-quality full-service practice competing at the top of the market. We are distinguished by our on-the-ground presence in the world’s key financial markets and our strengths in handling complex cross-border work. It’s not just about our global network of offices; it’s the global interconnectedness of the Firm that our people, and our clients, value most. We work well together across geographic and practice boundaries. It’s one of the reasons we attract and retain cross-border work. And why we attract a diverse group of people. Our lawyers are globally minded, enterprising, collaborative and committed to excellence. Diversity is a core value of our Firm and it has been recognized with numerous awards and top rankings around the world. Our people represent 90 nationalities and speak 80 languages.
The primary responsibility of this position involves managing the client billing process for an assigned group of partners. This involves, but is not limited to, the preparation and processing of all client bills. The Billing Coordinator will communicate directly with partners, associates, and practice assistants as well as other members of the Finance department in connection with various aspects of client billing. The successful candidate must possess exceptional communication skills both written and oral, be able to anticipate issues and to work said issues towards resolution, be conscientious, be able to multi-task in a high paced environment.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Timely distribution of monthly proformas to partners assigned.
- Prepare and revise drafts bills; processing partners’ comments and revisions.
- Provide accurate and timely completion of assignments and inquiry responses; ensuring that all tasks and duties completed are done within the Firm’s set guidelines and policies.
- Prepare, submit and monitor e-bills through various intermediary systems.
- Review proformas/draft bills to ensure the matter(s) are compliant with any global agreements that may be in place for the client.
- Confirm that applicable rates and any fee arrangements are reflected properly on all matters to ensure proper client billing.
- Proactively communicate with billing partners regarding matter billing status and other ad hoc queries.
- Liaise with Manila Billing Team to assist with generation of proformas and preparation of draft/final invoices.
- Coordinate with Cash Receipts and Accounts Payable teams to resolve any payment or vendor inquiries.
- Maintain detailed billing notes and files on each assigned partner.
- Escalate issues as they arise to Head of Revenue and Regional Director of Finance.
- Communicate with accountants regularly for accuracy of monthly reporting when necessary in analyzing tax issues.
- Additional Responsibilities:
- Ad-hoc analysis requested by partners or clients.
- Client requests involving tracking monthly accruals, budgets, and submission for approval of timekeeper rates.
- Assist other Coordinators as required.
- Thorough understanding of billing processes and procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel (e.g. Pivot Tables and Data Analysis)
- Strong communication skills, able to interact at all levels
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to see an issue through from start to finish
- Ability to organize work flow and use time efficiently
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction, follow up on own initiative
- Exceptional determination, self-motivation and interpersonal skills and resolve Knowledge of 3E or Elite Enterprise preferred
- Knowledge of a wide variety of e-billing vendor software
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Business, Accounting, or Finance preferred.
- 5 – 7 years of legal billing experience strongly preferred.
- Location and Reporting:
- This role is based in Los Angeles office.
- This role reports to Head of Revenue.