We are seeking an IP Paralegal to become a part of our Intellectual Property team and to join our relatively small but internationally active firm. You will provide overall support to the attorney’s business needs.
The Paralegal is responsible for assisting with a full range of Patent and Trademark matters for a busy IP practice predominately focusing on patent law but also covering other types of IP law. This includes assisting with preparation, docketing, electronic filing, portfolio management and registration and maintenance of Patent and Trademark applications. Essential job functions include:
· Calendaring deadlines, calendaring internal firm reminders
· Assist with the drafting and reviewing of U.S. and International patent applications and Office Action replies; e-filing with the USPTO and European Patent Office
· File U.S. Trademark applications, statements of use, renewal applications, affidavits of use, and assignments.
· Review incoming correspondence from Patent Offices and/or foreign associates regarding current status of U.S. or foreign applications – and ensure accuracy of information, including Official Filing Receipts, Publications, Notifications, Assignments, Acceptances, and Letters Patent documents.
· Proofing legal documents
· Providing general office assistance
· Correspond with clients
· Reporting and Invoicing clients
· Ability to handle multiple projects under limited supervision, and meet deadlines
· Previous experience as an Intellectual Property Paralegal or Legal Assistant
· Familiarity with data bases, including United States Patent Application Information Retrieval System (PAIR) and European Patent Register (epoline)
· Ability to prioritize and multitask
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Deadline and detail-oriented
· IP experience preferred