California labor and employment law firm is looking for an experienced Paralegal to join their Los Angeles office to support the firm’s attorneys and support teams. The ideal candidate will have experience with litigation cases, complex legal requirements, research and drafting, and also supporting attorneys with non-litigation matters.
RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Assisting with trial preparation including exhibits and witness preparation
- Research, gather, and compile data for the preparation of cases, legal documents, case authorities, and legal citations to assist attorneys.
- Draft and or compile information to assist in drafting a variety of documents to support attorneys
- Prepare and manage subpoenas and other hearing preparation documents
- Preparing e-filings in state and federal courts
- Assisting with all areas of discovery
- Assisting with pleadings and other court filings including TOC’s/TOA’s
- General administrative support for attorneys
- Paralegal certification, Associates Degree (Bachelors Degree preferred)
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a law firm, government agency or court system
- Strong software skills and knowledge, (MS Office Suite), legal software, etc.
- Exceptional communication skills to communicate with attorneys, staff, and clients
- General legal administrative duties preferably in a boutique or mid-sized law firm environment.
If interested and meet the qualifications, please submit resume to [email protected]
Job Order #37694
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.