Matura Farrington is seeking candidates for a California law firm that is seeking an experienced Litigation Legal Assistant / Legal Secretary to join their Orange County branch office. The ideal candidate will have substantive civil litigation experience, be experienced with filing in state and federal courts, various legal administrative duties, preferably in a small to mid-sized law firm environment.
• Editing and finalizing litigation documents
• Preparing Table of Contents / Table of Authorities
• Filing with State and Federal courts (including e-filing)
• Strong technical skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook, document management software, etc.)
• General administrative duties, such as answering phones, expense reports, timekeeping, and managing the attorney’s schedules
*Must be an experienced Litigation Legal Assistant / Legal Secretary well versed in the litigation process with 5+ years of experience
*Must have a thorough knowledge of state and federal court filing requirements, including experience with e-filing
*Must have strong knowledge of calendaring (i.e. court rules, dates, procedures)
*Organization and ability to work with databases/spreadsheets (i.e. Excel) a must.
Strong software skills and knowledge, iManage document management experience preferred
*Represents basic qualifications for this Litigation Legal Assistant / Legal Secretary position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Please send resumes with salary history to email@example.com in reference to JO #33101
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.