Entertainment law firm is seeking a Litigation Paralegal to support multiple attorneys in their Century City office. If you have substantive defense (preferred) litigation experience, and are looking for an opportunity with a growing top-tier firm, please apply for consideration!
· Proactively assist attorneys with all aspects of the litigation process, from pre-litigation to mediation, appeals, etc.;
· Organize and maintain court filings, correspondence, discovery, etc. using matter-management system;
· Motion preparation: cite-check, proofread and compile exhibits for electronic filing via ECF system;
· Knowledge in e-filing in State, Federal and Appellate Courts, as well as Arbitration Tribunals (i.e., JAMS, AAA, IFTA, ADR)
· Assist with discovery requests and production;
· Conduct legal and factual research using online databases such as PACER and Westlaw;
· Utilize eDiscovery platforms such as Eclipse, Digital War Room, and Relativity to manage and organize voluminous electronic case material;
· Prepare for depositions, hearings, mediations, and trials by creating indices, fact chronologies, witness and subject matter files, task lists, etc.;
· Create and maintain pleadings indexes and filing pleadings with state and federal courts and arbitration tribunals;
· Coordinate projects with outside vendors while adhering to deadlines and managing quality;
· Perform administrative duties as needed, including creating binders and other printed materials.
· *Bachelor’s Degree and/or paralegal certificate
· *Comprehensive proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and Power Point);
· *2-3+ years of experience in a law firm setting (preferable);
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
· Ability to learn new software and applications;
· Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
· Strong organizational and planning skills;
· Ability to interact effectively with attorneys, colleagues, and management.
*Represents basic qualifications for this Executive Assistant position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Salary: DOE – Negotiable
Firm also offers comprehensive benefits including PTO, health insurance, 401k, bonus structure, etc.
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.