Regional Los Angeles based law firm is seeking an experienced Marketing / Business Development Manager to work in their headquarter office. Ideal candidates will have substantive law firm or professional services marketing experience, have supervised employees, and be a team player willing to help with various department initiatives. If you are looking to join a congenial and established firm where most employees stay long-term, please apply for prompt consideration!
- Design and implement marketing and business development objectives, strategies and tactics that align with firm goals;
- Develop and provide hands-on support for practice groups’ business development plans and programs;
- Assist and guide attorneys on various business development initiatives;
- Support attorneys with the preparation of client presentation materials, RFP’s, and unsolicited new business proposals, help determine the “go/no go” decision, and work with the Communications Specialist to research, write, and edit standard and customized pitches and proposals;
- Develop clear, concise and compelling marketing material for use in proposals and formal RFP responses, survey and directory submissions and website information;
- Assess advertisement and other profile building opportunities;
- Work with the firm’s publicist on firm initiatives and programs;
- Identify opportunities to offer new services or enhance existing services in order to attract high-value work and enhance value provided to clients;
- Identify and manage corporate relationships and opportunities. This includes recommending partnership for both individual and ongoing events; developing and adhering to sponsorship budgets and maximizing partnership outcomes;
- Manage seminars, webinars and other marketing-oriented events;
- Represent the firm at various conferences, meetings and events; and
- Assist with the development and management of the annual budget for Marketing and Business Development.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- 5 – 8 years’ experience required, law firm or professional services setting strongly preferred;
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of core marketing principles, including internal and external communications, public relations, branding, market research, competitive intelligence, RFP response management and seminar/event planning;
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with the ability to listen effectively, respond appropriately, and relate to a diverse group of individuals;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft SharePoint. Familiarity with a CRM system, website CMS and Active Campaign (or other email marketing software) a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership skills; ability to supervise staff;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and be able to easily pivot as deadlines and priorities move and change, while maintaining a problem-solving and solutions-focused mentality and work ethic;
Salary: DOE – competitive for management level positions in legal industry
Hours: 9am-5:30pm typically
Firm also offers full comprehensive benefits including PTO, health insurance, 401k, bonus structure, etc.
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
JO # 34036