Mid-sized law firm is looking for an experienced Litigation Legal Secretary to join their Orange County office to support busy attorneys. The ideal candidate will have experience with the Federal and California court systems, be proficient with Microsoft programs, and be proficient in creating and formatting pleadings, appeals, briefs, and other related documents.
RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Editing and finalizing litigation documents
- Filing with State and Federal courts (including e-filing)
- Prepare new client intake forms and engagements
- Support the billing process
- General administrative duties, such as answering phones, expense reports, timekeeping, and managing the attorney’s schedules, etc.
- Must have at least 5 years of litigation experience, preferably in a reputable defense firm
- Must have knowledge of court filing requirements, including experience with transcription, and e-filing in state/federal courts
- Strong software skills and knowledge, (MS Office Suite), legal software, etc.
- Exceptional communication skills to communicate with attorneys, staff, and clients
If interested and meet the qualifications, please submit resume to [email protected]
Job Order #37643
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.