The Los Angeles office of prominent national firm is seeking a US Patent Prosecution Specialist to add to their growing IP Department. Reporting to the Patent Prosecution Support Manager, this highly visible position manages complex patent prosecution support work and provides exemplary client service to Firm’s clients through close collaboration with Firm timekeepers.
• Assisting Firm timekeepers in accurately and thoroughly preparing, reviewing, filing and reporting USPTO documents
• New US patent applications and corresponding formalities documents
• Requests for and correction to formalities documents
• Responses to formal PTO notices
• IDS submissions
• Notice of Allowance checklists
• Issue fee payments
• BS/BA Degree required.
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience in patent prosecution.
• Must be extremely knowledgeable of and current U.S., PCT prosecution and worldwide patent policies and procedures, including 37 C.F.R and MPEP Rules and Regulations.
• Must have good knowledge of the USPTO structure, system, rules and procedures.
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines, including demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects with often competing client enforced deadlines.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, staff and timekeepers.
• Advanced proficiency in MS Office, proficiency in PATRICIA docketing databases or other similar docketing software package.
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.