One of the top law firms in the US is seeking a Payroll Specialist to join its headquarters department in DTLA! This is a junior to mid-level position offering great potential for growth within a department that services all of the firm’s offices internationally and within the Unites States.
The position would be in charge of the full cycle of payroll processing for 450-650 employees twice a month and reports directly to the department manager.
- Maintaining payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data into the payroll system either manually or via interface.
- Providing day-to-day payroll support including answering employee payroll related questions
- Manual check processing
- Running ad hoc reports in Report Writer, Time & Attendance system, and CMS
- Preparing excel reports, tables and charts
- Preparing and sorting of payroll checks and mailings
- Garnishments, liens, and child support orders processing and management
- Completing employment verifications in accordance with firm policy
- Unclaimed checks, stop payments, and check adjustment processes
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures of the payroll field
- 1+ years of experience in Payroll processing
- Knowledge of federal and state overtime and applicable labor laws
- Experience with all types of wage garnishments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of wage and hour regulations.
- Experience with ProBusiness or ADP system
- Experience with Enterprise eTIME a plus
- High School Diploma or equivalent
For immediate consideration, e-mail your resume to Layla@matfar.com
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.