Matura Farrington is seeking a Finance Manager to join an award winning national law firm. The Finance Manager will work very closely with partners and senior managers as it relates to pricing strategy and profitability. Qualified candidate will be responsible for creating budgets, financial models and respond to requests for proposals. Positions requires solid analytics experience as well as the ability to drive business and overall growth.
• Consult with attorneys, develop and deliver pricing strategy for assigned clients
• Evaluate matter budgets and forecasts and structure alternative fees
• Prepare financial models as well as risk and reward scenarios
• Negotiate workflow processes with clients and vendors
• Create and publish budget to actual reports and dashboards
• •Define approach, analyze and interpret comparable matter data, and correct for anomalies
• Lead technology initiatives to automate our budgeting and analytics processes and expand our competitive intelligence capabilities
• Lead administrator for technology solutions with responsibility to optimize utilization and processes
• Directly manage staff, including performance management, workforce planning and day-to-day operations
• Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
• 6+ years of financial planning and analysis (FP&A) experience or related experience involving data analysis and substantial quantitative modeling and forecasting.
• Prior managerial experience a must with a demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in hands-on management capacity.
• Experience implementing a financial or budgeting system a must.
• The ability to prioritize team assignments while meeting time-sensitive deadlines.
• Advanced skills in MS Excel, MS Access, SQL, Word and PowerP
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
Matura Farrington is an EEOC employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and all other local, state and federal laws.